October 8, 2020 by
Looking at the past several months, family caregivers have had to manage seemingly unsurmountable challenges associated with the care of the older family members they love. With COVID-19’s specific dangers to seniors and people with underlying health concerns, such as COPD, diabetes, heart problems, and others which can be common in older adults, families have struggled with how to best protect and keep their older family members safe.
To that end, some families made the tough choice to pause home care services to avoid having anyone outside of the family come into the home – meaning the family members were unexpectedly responsible for full-time elder care. Without a care partner, this alone can be extremely stressful, but add to this the many other new responsibilities and concerns triggered by the pandemic, such as shifting to working virtually, taking care of children who could no longer attend school or daycare, and much more.
To say it is been an overwhelming time is an understatement; however, now, with many different new safety protocols established, is it safe for seniors to once again bring in a professional in-home care provider to help?
At Home Independent Living has continued to provide safe, trustworthy in-home care services for older adults throughout the pandemic, in accordance with all recommended guidelines. When you’re ready to look into in-home care options, keep these guidelines in mind:
- Work with an established in-home care company, like At Home Independent Living, that has a well thought out COVID-19 plan in place – and ask for information regarding that plan.
- Plan to be there when the caregiver arrives the first time to relieve any concerns you may have, such as making sure he/she is wearing a face covering, sanitizing surfaces, washing hands often, etc.
- Talk to the senior’s health care provider about any concerning health problems and to get tips for any additional safety measures that ought to be taken during caregiving visits.
The care professionals at At Home Independent Living, experts providers of home care in Liverpool and surrounding areas, are always available to answer any questions you might have and to share details about the steps we’re taking to safeguard the seniors in our care, such as:
- Wearing face coverings along with other personal protective equipment as appropriate
- Properly disinfecting and sanitizing any items brought inside the older adults’ homes
- Ensuring all care staff are healthy through wellness assessments and routine temperature checks
- Engaging in safe social distancing protocol
- And much more
Give us a call at (315) 579-HOME (4663) any time for additional details on the many advantages of professional senior care, and the ways in which our home care in Liverpool or a nearby area can help an older adult you love live life to the fullest – comfortably and safely in the familiarity of home. Click to view our full service area.