Independent Living Support Specialists
Helping Others Navigate Life
For many adults, everyday life presents challenges that are easier to navigate when partnering with a trained professional. At Home Independent Living is pleased to provide independent living support specialists to help in a variety of ways, customized to each person’s individual needs.
How We Can Assist
Just some of the many ways we can help include:
- Developing/implementing strategies for home management
- Building skills needed for improved functionality and problem-solving
- Providing respectful, nonjudgmental companionship and enhanced socialization
- Exploring work and volunteer opportunities
- Running errands and/or providing accompanied transportation on outings
- And more
Who Is Right for This Service?
Available to adults of any age, independent living support specialists are perfect for those with:
- Brain injuries and other neurological conditions
- Cognitive impairment
- Injuries or other difficulties arising from military service experiences
- And others
Our independent living support specialists are specially selected for this position and include veterans to provide empathetic companionship to other veterans. All of our independent living support specialists are fully background checked, receive orientation training and have previous experience in providing compassionate assistance that addresses a variety of special needs.
How Does It Work?
We begin with a free in-home consultation to get to know the individual and his or her particular challenges, likes, dislikes and interests. We then create a customized plan to outline goals, and monitor that plan ongoing to ensure the most appropriate level of assistance is provided at all times.
We than carefully match an independent living support specialist that is most suited to the individual and his or her particular needs. And at any time, for any reason, if an alternate companion is requested, we will honor that request; no questions asked.