Dementia and Alzheimer’s Care Services
Professional Alzheimer's and Dementia Care Services Syracuse, NY Seniors Need
When a parent or senior loved one begins to display signs of dementia or Alzheimer’s disease, it can be a devastating time for the family. Caring for someone with a cognitive disorder comes with a unique set of challenges that must be met with patience, love, and acceptance, and often respite care, dementia care services, or other home health care services are needed to help family members rest and provide the care and attention their loved ones need.
At Home Independent Living has a unique understanding of the emotional strain that Alzheimer’s can put on family caregivers. Our experienced and supportive in home care providers understand that this disease presents unique challenges and that individualized strategies may need to be employed to assist clients with their distinctive symptoms.
Our Syracuse Alzheimer’s care and dementia care services include:
- Assistance in managing challenging behaviors
- Supervision of daily activities
- Advice on available technologies that can monitor loved ones and alert families if necessary
- Creating a consistent, cohesive team that can identify changing behavior and make necessary adjustments
- Transportation and accompaniment to and from doctor visits
- Encouraging participation in stimulating activities
- Playing games
- Supporting the senior’s family members and encouraging their self-care
Our Alzheimer’s and dementia care services in Syracuse, NY and the surrounding area are designed to provide both home health care assistance and enjoyable cognitive engagement to ensure that your loved one receives the care he or she needs along with stimulating activities and social interaction that provide an enhanced quality of life.