May 6, 2020 by
Being aware of the best place to turn to for the current, most dependable COVID-19 resources, especially as it pertains to seniors and family members who provide caregiving assistance for them, is essential – and complicated. Due to many sources and differing viewpoints on this topic, we want to help make it easier to locate what you need by sharing the following list of top resources for seniors and those they love.
- Resources and Articles for Caregivers on COVID-19 Safety: The Family Caregiver Alliance publishes caregiver-specific articles and resources that can help family caregivers enhance the safety of the seniors within their care.
- 19 Issues: DailyCaring, an award-winning website dedicated to caregivers, created a commonly asked questions page to provide answers, for example, guidelines to take when visiting an older adult’s home, how to sanitize packages, proper handwashing techniques, and so much more.
- NAHC COVID-19 Resources: The National Association for Home Care & Hospice advocates for the millions of seniors who receive in-home care, and for people who provide that care. Their COVID-19 reference page provides articles, webinars, interactive tools, and more.
- COVID-19 Guidance for the Elderly: The CDC’s COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults web page contains a great deal of information, such as assistance with calculating who is at higher risk, signs and symptoms, methods to protect yourself, a checklist for the house, stress and anxiety coping advice, and much more.
- Coronavirus: What the Elderly and People with Disabilities Should Know: ACL provides details on what the elderly and people with disabilities should be aware of to prevent being infected with and spreading the virus, including signs and symptoms, state-by-state guidelines, and a comprehensive list of federal and non-federal resources.
- AARP Answers FAQs About COVID-19: AARP provides an ongoing bulleted list of all the current updates pertaining to COVID-19, as well as what the elderly can do to reduce their likelihood of contracting it and answers to a number of common questions.
For many more resources to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and for safe, trustworthy, in-home care to enhance wellness and comfort for the older adults you love, contact At Home Independent Living any time. Following a rigid protocol to ensure the safety of the older adults we serve, we are able to assist with an array of essential services, including:
- Buying groceries and running other errands, to allow older adults to stay safe in the home
- Preparing healthy and balanced meals
- Companionship to ease loneliness and stress through social interaction, films, hobbies/interests, games, puzzles, and much more
- Keeping the home clean and sanitized
- Medication reminders
- Specialized care for people with dementia
- And many others