Safe, Dependable, Chaperoned Transportation Assistance
With so many responsibilities pulling us in different directions, and with so many family members living at a distance from their senior loved ones, coordinating transportation arrangements is challenging. As a result, many seniors miss follow-up doctors’ appointments, lacking transportation and not wanting to be a burden to anyone.
Common challenges and concerns with senior transportation may include:
- There is no one available to pick your loved one up and accompany him to and from the doctor’s appointment.
- You feel uncomfortable about her going to the appointment alone because of how frail or unsteady she feels.
- You’re unsure that your loved one is strong enough to navigate the steps at home.
- The doctor has prescribed a new diet to follow and certain food items are needed at the store.
- Your loved one needs prescriptions picked up from the pharmacy.
- You simply want a safe, reliable and stress-free way for your loved one to get to and from the doctor’s office.
At Home Independent Living has the solution!
At Home Independent Living can help! We’ve partnered with Caliber Patient Care of Syracuse to provide dependable, personalized transportation and transition assistance. All chaperones are fully screened and employed by At Home Independent Living to provide both transportation and assistance with helping seniors get into and out of their homes and transportation vehicles as well as escort them to and from appointments and safely back to their residence. We’ll even make stops along the way if prescriptions need to be picked up or certain food items purchased at the store.
Easy to Use
We do not require any long-term contracts. Just give us a call with at least 5 business days advance notice and we’ll have a helpful chaperone and the transportation service meet your loved one promptly at the designated time and location.
Need caregiving services as well?
If additional care at home is desired, one of our specially trained caregivers can meet your loved one at home after the doctor’s appointment to provide additional services such as getting him or her settled in at home, light meal preparation, light housekeeping, and making sure all of his or her care needs are met.
A Word From a Happy Client
“I am so happy and pleased. I can’t tell you enough good things about Nikki (the At Home Independent Living chaperone). She had all good things to say about your company too. Nikki turned what was such a horrible, tough thing to have to go through totally around for me. I actually had fun! And then she was kind and helpful when we got back and stayed with me for a while in my home to make sure I was I OK.”
– Christie D.